Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tauvi and the Wild Ride of Emotions

What a roller coaster ride Tauvi has me on. I was ready to take her in last Friday and help her cross. Her eyes were tired but not telling me to let her go, at the same time she was not eating and had lost a lot of weight. I sat and had a chat with her, told her if she continued to starve herself she would leave me no choice. I told her I would give her the weekend to make up he mind. I guess she thought it over because she started eating soup again on Saturday night. I had to feed it to her off my finger, but she ate. I was the minimal amount of food, 5CCs but she ate. ...........and she ate some more before I went to bed. Sunday she ate 5 full meals and on Monday was up to 7 CCs each meal. Last night she woke me up at 2:30 Am for soup by nipping me on the arm. Damn it hurt and shot me out of bed. She hasn't nipped me like that in a long time. Today I put out some finely crushed kibble as I would not be able to make it home for lunch. I got home tonight and she had eaten some kibble as well as the 10 CCs of soup I just gave her. Her eyes are brighter and I can see me ghetto girl of attitude once again. (Don't let anyone tell you animals are stupid and don't understand. I once had a similar conversation with Emma when she first came here and was sick and very depressed. She too refused to eat and I made her the promise I make all my kids and asked her to give me a chance. She did) Tauvi has gained back 2 ounces and I am glad for the extra time I am being given with her. I know her time is limited.....but I will take what I can get.

No comments: